Friday, April 22 is Earth Day and there are lots of freebies, deals, and events going on.
- The Central Florida Earth Day 2011 celebration is Saturday, 4/23 from 10 am – 6 pm at Lake Eola. There will be food, music, environmental education, and more.
- If eating fruits and vegetables at peak season and buying from local growers interests you, then you’ll love the iPhone/Android app Locavore. Locavore usually sells for $2.99, but will be free on Earth Day, 4/22. See the app in action.
- The Disney Store is giving away a free reusable shopping bag on Friday, April 22, when you bring in at least 5 plastic grocery bags for recycling. There are Disney Stores at the Florida Mall and Seminole Towne Center. Find more locations.
- Starbucks is giving you a free cup of coffee or tea on April 22 when you either bring in your own mug or use one of their “For Here” mugs instead of a paper cup. They also will have Starbucks mugs 20% off. (No, they won’t give you a free latte, hot chocolate, or any other drink).
- Caribou Coffee is offer a similar deal as Starbucks. While they don’t have any Florida locations, you can share this post with friends that love Caribou Coffee.
- Home Depot is offering free workshops and classes this weekend for kids and adults alike. The best deal I believe is the Kid’s planter basket project from 9 am – 12 pm on Saturday, 4/23.
- Lowe’s is giving away 1 million trees on Saturday, 2/23.
- The Orlando Science Center is reducing it’s admission price to only $5 on Saturday, 2/23 (normally $17/adults and $12/kids). Admission includes viewing of their current movie on the huge screen, “Forces of Nature”.