There are a lot of great things going on in Orlando this weekend!
Orangewood Presbyterian Church is hosting a free outdoor movie night on Saturday, Feb. 4th. They’ll be showing Kung Fu Panda 2 at 7 pm, with some pre-movie entertainment at 6:30 pm. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs so you can relax under the stars. There will be free popcorn, and other snacks available for sale.
The Battle of Townsend’s Plantation & Civil War Festival is taking place in Mount Dora at the Renniger’s Antique Center. 800 participants in period dress, horses, and canons will gather on 40 acres of grassy fields, waiting for the command to charge. Come see what life was like for the soldiers of the Civil War as these modern day pastures are transformed into an 1840′s battlefield and encampment. There will also be live folk music and historical exhibits.
Hours and cost:
- Adults $5
- Children 5 and under $2
- Saturday 10 am – 8 pm
- Sunday 10 am – 2 pm
Battle Re-enactment schedule
- Saturday @ 3 pm
- Sunday @ 2 pm
St. Stephen Catholic Church Winter Fest. St. Stephen Catholic church is located at 575 Tuskawilla road in Winter Springs.
Days & Times:
- Thursday, Feb. 2nd 5 pm -10 pm (No Bingo or Kids games)
- Friday, Feb. 3rd 5 pm- 12 am
- Saturday, Feb. 4th 12 pm – midnight
- Sunday, Feb. 5th 12pm – 5 pm (Midway rides only)
- Auctions (Saturday 2-5, Sunday 7pm)
- Bingo (Friday 6-11, Saturday 3-midnight)
- Live Entertainment (Friday & Saturday evening)
- Continuous parking shuttle available
Clothing Swap at Faith Assembly of God, Orlando, Fl.
Time to clean out your closet and trade for something “new to you”! Bring in gently used clothes to trade, along with $7.
- Friday, Feb. 3rd 6 – 8 pm
- Map to Church
- More Details
3rd Annual Tables Extraordinaire at the Holy Trinity Reception and Conference Center.
Come and see spectacular tablescapes, featuring glamorous and elegant place settings. It will be an inspiration for new holiday decorating, wedding planning and entertaining ideas. Come for the tour, lunch or dinner and shop in the Mediterranean Marketplace for your favorite Greek pastries, chocolate delights, coffees and even take-out meals.
- General Admission is $10, includes a complimentary Greek pastry
- Thursday & Friday, Feb. 2nd & 3rd, 10 am – 8 pm
- Saturday, Feb 4th, 10 am – 3 pm
- Map to event
Uncle Don’s Chli Cookoff, Saturday, Feb 4th 4 pm – 7 pm
- Downtown Pavillion, Winter Garden
- Benefits American Cancer Society
- Over 20 different types of chili
- Live Music
- $5/ Adults, $2.50/ under 10.
- Map to event
Dragon Parade – Lunar New Year Festival 2012, Sunday Feb 5th 11 am – 3 pm
- Downtown Orlando
- Dragon and Lion Dances
- Martial Arts
- Japanese Taiko
- Acrobatic Performances/Cultural Dances
- Arts and Crafts/ Exotic Asian Food
- Free admission/ VIP seating $10
Parade will start at the corner of Hillcrest St. and Hampton Ave and run to Hillcrest St. and Mills.