Top 10 Tips To Find The Best Sales and Deals
1. Do your research before you go. Browse through the sales fliers found in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper, or with their online tool.
2. Visit the websites for the stores you are interested in. Know their online sales. The deals online are probably just as good as what you will find in the stores. Here’s a list to get you started.
3. Make a list. Have a plan B. For example, if it’s a TV you’re after, have a second deal in mind. If the first store is sold out or the line is crazy long, move on to store #2.
4. If you are really after a certain deal, visit the store the day before to make sure you know where that item is shelved. Maybe you’ll catch them setting up a black Friday display, and you’ll know exactly where in the store to go first.
5. Make sure you do the math. I am not talking about just adding up what you’ll save, but making sure it is worth your time to stand in line. If you’re waiting in line for 5 hours to save $25 on a blender, that may not be the best way to go.
6. Shop as a team. Take your spouse or friend and plan your day. Plan which stores will you hit first, and what you are targeting in each store. Then divide and conquer. Bringing someone along will help you shop faster and you’ll have more fun!
7. If you find a product that looks like a good deal, but it’s not one that you researched ahead of time, take advantage of your smartphone to check the price online. The Amazon.com app is my favorite for price checking.
8. If you are shopping online, make sure to look for and use coupon codes! Use our coupon code finder on the right side of this page. Just put the store name into the search box to search for the best current coupon codes.
9. Shop early. Many retail outlets are opening their doors on Thanksgiving day this year. Be aware that many of these stores have staggered their sales, so you’ll most likely find a different set of deals on Thursday. Here’s a list of some Orlando stores open on Thanksgiving this year.
- Big Lots | 7 am – 9 pm
- K-Mart | 6 am – 4 pm & 8 pm – midnight
- Sears | 8 pm – midnight
- Target 9 pm – midnight
- Toys R Us | 8pm – midnight
- Walmart | 8 pm – midnight
10. While Black Friday gets all the attention, don’t forget about Cyber Monday. The deals will be there from now up until Christmas. Depending on the type of shopping you need to do, there are better days than others to find the best deal. Check out this helpful Best Times To Buy Holiday Gifts Infographic from our friends at Savings.com.
What are your Christmas shopping secrets? What deals have you scored this year? Are you skipping the stores and giving Homemade Christmas Gifts? Let us know!