The weekend isn’t over yet, so get out there and enjoy one of these free and cheap activities in this beautiful Florida Fall weather!
Winter Springs Festival of the Arts
- October 20th : 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- October 21st : 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Winter Springs Town Center
- 1160 E. State Road 434 , Winter Springs , FL , 32708
Join us for this signature weekend event and celebrate fine art, wine and jazz. Fine art presentations include sculpture and clay, drawing, graphics, pastels, crafts, jewelry, mixed media, painting, photography, digital media, and performing arts. Designed for the entire family to enjoy, a variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase plus live entertainment and a kids activity area.
- October 20th : noon – 11 p.m.
- October 21st : 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church
- 861 Maitland Ave. , Altamonte Springs , FL , 32701
CommunityFest 2012 includes live entertainment, rides and games, an international food court, arts and crafts, bingo, auction and children’s activities. Free parking at the festival and free Park-N-Ride service from the CenturyLink building in Altamonte Springs will be available. Proceeds from the event benefit more than 180 ministries at St. Mary Magdalen Parish, including the St. Mary Magdalen School, Habitat for Humanity and numerous other worthy causes.
A Petrified Forest
- Fridays and Saturdays
- 7:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- $15 for haunted path and $7 laser tag; packages are available
- A Petrified Forest
- 1360 E. Altamonte Drive , Altamonte Springs , FL , 32701
Experience A Petrified Forest in Altamonte Springs. The haunted scare-trail features live actors.
Star-Spangled Birthday Concert
- October 20th : 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Orlando Loch Haven Park
- Mills Avenue at Princeton Street , Orlando , FL , 32803
It’s the Orlando Repertory Theatre (The REP)’s 10th Birthday, and the Orlando Philharmonic’s 20th! Come celebrate with a FREE outdoor family concert in Loch Haven Park, Saturday, October 20 from 5-9 p.m.
5 pm: Enjoy food trucks and an “instrument petting zoo” for kids and adults
6 pm: Pre-concert entertainment by Mr. Richard and the Pound Hounds
7 pm: Concert by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, featuring The REP Power Chords.
Zoo Boo Bash
- October 21st : 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- October 27th : 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- October 28th : 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- $12.95 for adults, $8.95 for children ages 3-12, seniors age 60 and over are $10.95 and free for children 3 and under
- Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- 3755 N.W. U.S. Highway 17-92 , Sanford , FL , 32771
Experience the Zoo Boo Bash at the Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens in Sanford. The Halloween event will include trick-or-treating, costume contests, face painting, glitter tattoos, a haunted hayride, painting pumpkins and other spooky activities. Pumpkins will be available to purchase. The costume contest will begin at 1 p.m. Costume contest categories include animal- and nonanimal-themed costumes for age 2 and under and ages 3-12 and group costumes for all ages. Wearing a costume is encouraged.