If you need to go out on Christmas day to eat, get some last minute groceries or gifts, or to get a coffee, there are a handful of stores that will be open.
- Many Starbucks are open on Christmas day
- Buca di Beppo opens at 11 am on Christmas day
- Most Denny’s are open on Christmas day
- Most IHOP locations are open on Christmas day
- Some Subways may be open on Christmas day
- Some McDonalds may be open on Christmas day
- Some Burger Kings may be open on Christmas day
- All Walgreens locations will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
24 hour Walgreens locations will be open all day.
Select Walgreens pharmacies will be open.
- More than 4,000 of the 6,200 CVS locations will be open on Christmas day.
You can call 1-800-SHOP-CVS to find a nearby CVS location that will be open.
- 7-11 stores are open on Christmas Day
- Orlando area Winn Dixie stores will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Orlando area Albertson’s stores will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Publix stores will be closed on Christmas day
Warning: Inspirational Story Below
On Christmas Eve I was out shopping at Target with my youngest son. He was purchasing a 3 pack of $10 Starbucks gift cards for his big brother. When we were checking out, I told the cashier that he was buying them for his brother. She responded, “Wow, that’s a great gift. I wish someone was getting me a Starbucks gift card!”
After we checked out, and were leaving the store, he told me he wanted to give one of the cards to the cashier. He opened up the 3 pack, pulled out one of the $10 cards, and walked back to the nice lady and said, Merry Christmas!
This made her day. She beamed as she told her co-workers and customers about the generous gift from a little boy.
If you do need to go out on Christmas, why not take your cue from a 10 year old, and treat your cashier, waitress, or clerk to a plate of cookies, a gift card, or simply a wad of cash. Maybe these workers are sacrificing time with their family in order to earn a few extra dollars, or perhaps their co-workers are the only family they have. A thoughtful gift from a stranger would make their day and it just might make yours too.